Monday, April 23, 2012

Great Moments in Gaming

The Game:  Shadowrun

A Little Background:  We were starting a new campaign.  I was asked to make one of the player's characters because she wasn't up to it and game day was quickly approaching.  So I did.  And what I created was entirely unintentional.  You see, I was looking at the stats and thinking "okay, she'll want to be fast, and sneaky, and this and that and the other thing..." but what I had neglected was the first thing she noticed.  I had inadvertently made an elf who was ugly and stupid.  Really ugly.  REALLY stupid.  And rather than reroll the character, she decided to run with it.  We're so glad she did.

Tolkien weeps for you.  You make me want to pee myself.

The Scene:  The team had accepted a cryptic invitation by a mysterious stranger, which is the usual plot opening in a Shadowrun campaign.  They entered a condemned building in an abandoned part of the city, and from the shadows emerged a creature of legend.  A dragon.  He had come to bestow a warning onto the party for their path...

"I'm touching you..."

Stop that.  For their path was leading them to...

"I'm still touching you..."

STOP THAT!  For their path was leading them to their doom.  Then he silently and mysteriously slunk back into the shadows, vanishing out of sight.

"I'm still touching you..."

GAAA!!!  CREEPY ELF!!!  Go away!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment